New PDC Benchmark Set in Beetaloo Basin, Northern Australia
- Multiple bits run required to drill the sand formation. Rung out and cored out bits are common.
- Short intervals with low ROP by offset bits.
- 100 days to reach TD drilling nearby vertical offset well.
cutter technology to match the cutter to the formation requirement.
- G1 Gage Design
- Field setting in drilling the sand formation as compared to offset wells.
- Fastest ROP of 9.25 m/hr.
- Achieved 314% increase in ROP.
- TD reached in 18.3 days representing a 54% reduction compared to other near-field vertical sections drilled deeper than 2500m. This also compares to the more than 100 days to reach TD at close by vertical well.